
So, one thing I realized: happy hours ain't so happy when you ain't drinkin'. I notice how NOT funny many people are...the same people who actually are funny when I've had a few drinks.
But last Friday, I had to go to a happy hour for one of my colleagues who was leaving. I knew that if I just drank water, everyone would be asking why.
So, Eric came up with a great solution. He ordered me plain cranberry juice with a lime in a martini glass. I felt like part of the group and I actually had a fun time. If I didn't know better, I'd have thought the drink had alcohol in it. In fact, I leaned over to Eric a few times and asked him if there was alcohol in my drink. He looked at me like I had completely lost my mind...poor Eric.
After the happy hour, we went to another party downtown and Eric and I had such a good time! I got all gussied up and he was pretty shocked that I looked so darn cute because I haven't in such a long time.
Jackson must have known that mommy and daddy needed to have a good-ole fun time! And we did!
No comments:
Post a Comment