So, the coolest thing happened last Tuesday. Eric and I heard the baby's heartbeat. I was so unprepared for the emotion of it all...I cried and Eric just squeezed my hand. It was SO fast...160 beats a minute. It was like he was saying, "Hi Mom and Dad. I'm doing my best to grow nice and strong and healthy for you!"
Eric said, "Man, I knew something was in there, but hearing the heartbeat was like having him introduce himself to us."
It was really cool, and definitely needed, because the last few weeks have been really tough, for both Eric and me. I'm still battling nausea and Eric has been extremely busy with the club's opening. So, it was a much needed change of pace to be able to hear our baby's heart beating. I think, subconsciously, I relaxed a little bit too, knowing that all is well.
MY RANDON THOUGHTS
My clothes definitely don't fit anymore...but I'm trying. I have two skirts that fit around the tummy...but they are getting shorter and shorter.
*****
Uncle Marcus is really excited, which is really fun. He has lots of nieces and nephews on Shelly's side of the family, but this will be the first Harris/Zajkowski nephew/niece. He's the first person whose actually patted my baby belly...of course, being the sister, I thought he was reaching out to hit me, so when he gently touched Jackson/Addison, I was shocked. But I don't think I would react too kindly if a stranger did that.
*****
Uncle Shane just looked at me and said, "Dang, you're already getting big!" Um, thanks Shane. I know you're 6'3", but I'm pretty sure that me and Jackson/Addison can take you!
*****
Um, I watched a video of a natural birth the other day....yeah, I don't know why I watched it either...and, um, I don't like the way this whole thing's going to end. I really didn't do my research on this saga's ending, and that didn't look like something I'd sign up for. So, I told Eric he could do that part. I'll do this first nine months and he can do, what, a day? I think that's fair!
Monday, October 09, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment