
So, it seems like an eternity since I've seen my blog. So much has happened. Jackson Ellsworth (my grandfather's name and my dad's middle name) and Addison Lois (Eric's mom's name) were born via C-section on March 28, 2007. Addison came first, and weighed in at 5 lbs. 10 ozs. Jackson was close behind and weighed in at 6 lbs, 1/2 oz. They were very healthy and didn't have to go on any breathing apparatus...I think. I'm not sure. I don't even know how long they were. I had a terrible time with it all.
Eric and I joke now that we didn't exactly pray for the right thing. We prayed only for two healthy babies. We forgot about mama. I was very sick during the C-section and also during the recovery. Two days after they were born, I developed preeclampsia, and had to go to a special recovery floor. The babies were in Eric's care and he was phenomenal. I stayed there for two days with an IV to try to bring down my blood pressure. It was pretty scary. On the sixth day, we were able to come home, but there was no rest on the seventh day.
It's all mostly a blur. People came to the hospital and I don't even remember talking to them.
Eric and I joke now that we didn't exactly pray for the right thing. We prayed only for two healthy babies. We forgot about mama. I was very sick during the C-section and also during the recovery. Two days after they were born, I developed preeclampsia, and had to go to a special recovery floor. The babies were in Eric's care and he was phenomenal. I stayed there for two days with an IV to try to bring down my blood pressure. It was pretty scary. On the sixth day, we were able to come home, but there was no rest on the seventh day.
It's all mostly a blur. People came to the hospital and I don't even remember talking to them.
The day we left the hospital, I remember thinking specifically that the world had changed so much in a week. It didn't seem so safe to me and I was instantly wondering how we were going to raise these children in this world. Eric drove so carefully on the way home as we both realized the weight of twins...the responsibility....the love...the challenges....the crying...the feedings....the scheduling.
It's very overwhelming to me, a first-time mom. My hormones are so out of whack and I cry at the drip of water it seems. Everyone says things will get easier. I believe them.
Eric worked last night and Gramona came over and saved the day! I was a wreck, but she kept things together for me.
One of a hundred million things I've learned this week is that moms are amazing people. I have gained so much respect for my mom. I'm 31 and she's still saving the day for me. When she had Marcus and me, her mom wasn't there to save the day for her. She's so strong and wonderful. I'm so blessed that Jackson and Addison will have time with her and Papa Bear, just like Selena, Juliana and Kyla.
And we are blessed to have Gramma Lois too. Eric said these two have the best grammas and grandpa in all the land. I have to agree.
Eric and I feel so blessed to have awesome family and friends and people that pray for us and the new family. Everytime someone has called to ask how things are going, they don't seem to mind that I'm crying as I say, "OK." Seems everyone has been there before.
So, here's to the new journey....the continuance of learning, the forgiveness of mistakes, the love of God and the joys of children.
No comments:
Post a Comment