Wednesday, June 13, 2007

What to expect....

O.K....I KEEP getting daily email updates from What to Expect When You're Expecting. I've tried to send them to my spam folder, but it ain't workin'.
And let me tell you....I don't know who these women are that write these little nuggets of misinformation, but nothing that I expected to happen, did! I totally feel tricked by the little, soothing emails I used to read. They gave me a false sense of hope that mothering was a breeze!!!! Granted, none of the emails applied to twins, but they still made it all seem pretty darn rosy to me!
But...I guess to some women, it really is that rosy. I guess I've had rosy days, but I have come to the realization that it's O.K. to admit that it's not easy. I'm no superwoman and I can admit that....
I do remember the look on a woman's face when she asked me if I just loved being a mom and I said to her, "Some days. But it's a ton of work." She looked at me with disappointment and told me not to be so honest......funny, huh?

1 comment:

Shruti on the Shore said...

I appreciate your honesty! I know I'm not there yet and I know WHY I don't want to be there yet for at least 5-6 more years! I told a friend about what you said and the lady's "don't be so honest" response and we thought it was so funny. Why ask a question you don't want an answer to?