Every once in awhile, usually when I'm holding a sleeping baby, I think the world just stops and there's no other place I'd rather be. I just wish I could hold the twins in my arms forever and they would never be hurt or hurt anyone else. There are so many things I want them to remember so their lives are pain free. But then, on the other hand, obstacles make people stronger. I'm torn. I don't want them to ever feel pain, but I want them to have their hearts broken so they know they can get through it and find love again.
I want them to strike out a few times so the homeruns are that much sweeter.
I want them to set goals and really work for them, so when they reach them, they are that much more proud of themselves.....BUT I also want to cuddle them in my arms until they are all grown up so nothing hurts them - ever.....I guess, the bottom line is that they are growing and there will be bumps in the road. The best Eric and I can do is to make sure they know that we are always here for them...no matter what.
Friday, February 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment