So, I waited until this morning to make a doctor's appointment, because I had to....I found out you can't make your first ob/gyn appointment during the weekend via the appointment hotline.
I just don't think it'll really sink in until someone official tells me I'm pregnant.
I found out this morning that it's not going to sink in until September 1, apparently, because the doctor won't see me until I'm eight to 12 weeks pregnant and the first available appoint is September 1.
Well, that was a shocker! I mean, what am I supposed to do in the meantime. I started taking prenatal vitamins, but I wasn't sure about the medications I'm taking. Some face time with the doctor would really help calm me down.
Yesterday, when I woke up, I took another pregnancy test, just in case....it was positive. Eric and I were giddy all day long. And I was EXHAUSTED! At about 5 a.m., though, I nudged Eric and asked if he would get me a piece of bread because my stomach was unsettled....man, it was the best piece of bread I've ever eaten! We decided we weren't going to tell anyone, but that was really tough. Both of our moms were out of town, but Eric's mom got home so we went over to her house and told her. She gave us both big hugs and said it was really cool (It didn't even bother me that she said it was so soon or that she didn't know if we would ever have children because we like our freedom....talk about freaking out!)
Then we cut some beautiful flowers from her garden and and went home.
This morning, the nurse told me that the pregnancy test(s) I took at home are the same as the one that I'll take at the doctor's office, "So Congratulations!"
That was crazy, and it started to sink in. I had a HUGE smile on my face after that and someone at work asked me why I was so happy! I told her that I had a huge headache and I wasn't having a good day, so I shouldn't be smiling....and she said, "I thought you were going to tell me you're pregnant."
I tried to laugh that off....how could she have possibly known. I don't want anyone from work to know yet.
It's like I have this secret that no one else knows about... This amazing little secret that everyone keeps telling me is the coolest thing in the world. Let's hope so!
Monday, August 14, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment