OK...so I'm really over this whole morning sickness thing. I spend most of every day being queasy and it's NOT fun. And it's not only in the morning. If I see one more Saltine cracker, I think I'm going to scream!
Last night, when I got home from work, and saying See You Later to Sashi, I decided to try something other than food to tame my tummy - jogging. I mean, pre-Jackson, exercising was a great cure-all for lots of things, so I wanted to find out if it also works for morning sickness.
I think Eric was a little tentative about it, especially after 60 seconds of warm-up WALKING, because I was already breathing hard...his face said, "Holy crap woman, are you going to die?" But his mouth simply said, "Are you OK?"
I was actually feeling pretty good. I mean, I was moving very slowly, but moving nonetheless. Guinness looked at me a little crazy too, like, "Come ON lady. Who are you?"
Eric and I split up halfway into the run...so he could actually run for awhile. I took Guinness and we headed home.
And then the rain started...Guinness and I got pelted with either hard rain or tiny hail bits. Either way, I thought for sure we were going to get struck by lightening on our trudge through the woods and over the train tracks back home.
But we made it. And I felt OK. I made dinner, hung some pictures and stayed up until after 10 p.m.
BUT....about 1:15 a.m. I thought I was going to puke - news flash right. I laid there and waited until I felt like I could make it to the kitchen without first stopping at the toilet. I poured myself a bowl of Frosted Flakes (thanks to Lyndsey who left them behind when she went back to school), and went back to bed.
I got up every hour after that to go potty and before I knew it, it was time to get up for work.
I did read in my pregnancy book that morning sickness is a sign of a healthy pregnancy. So, bottom line, it's worth it!
Friday, August 25, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment