Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Ba-Bye Midwife...we'll miss you

This morning, I had my last appt. with Lois, our midwife. Because the pregnancy is now considered high risk, we have to have a doctor. We're bummed. We loved Lois! It's like we're breaking up or something. We started this journey with her and now it's going to be different. But she promised to check in from time to time....SIGH!
So, it's a little less laid back now. I have another ultrasound on the the 22nd, a doctor's appt. on the 27th and I have to meet with a nutritionist before Christmas too. And I have to have a gestational diabetes test done as well. We have to sign up for a multiples birth class and then Lois's parting words to me were to relax...isn't that funny?
I did hear the babies' heartbeats again this morning and that is still so fabulous! It's the first time their dad wasn't there to hear it with me and I realized that he's such a part of this, it made me a little sad to know that he couldn't be there. But I told the babies that he loved them and he'll be there the next time.
I was also told that I'll probably have to stop coaching basketball at some point, because it's typical for moms pregnant with twins to have to go on bed rest. That'll be hard to give up, even though the girls give me so much grief.
********
Annie and Megs sent me a lullaby CD that is so great!!! There is a quiet version of We Will Rock You and it's our favorite! Thank God for such great friends!
Here's to life's journey....and going forward without Lois.

No comments: