So, last Friday, Eric and I went in for our routine doctor appt. with Dr. Kamsheh. I was up at about 5 a.m. with these pains every few minutes. I felt nauseus and just yucky. So I just sat around, waiting for the appt. at 10 a.m. It felt like FOREVER!!!!
I told Dr. Kamsheh that I thought I was having contractions. He checked my cervix (OWWWW!!) and I was dialated to one. So he hooked me and the babies up to monitors, and sure enough, (like Old Faithful as Eric said), the contractions were coming every five minutes. Dr. Kamsheh sent us to the hospital.
SIDEBAR: I was pretty freaked out on the way to the hospital. Not in the mood for jokes. But apparently, my husband stole some latex gloves at the clinic. So he turns to me and says, "Don't worry. If we don't make it, I can deliver the babies...as he's now driving with the bright purple latex gloves on......that's my baby!!!
Once at the hospital, they hooked me up to more monitors...and I kept having contractions. Note: to those people who told me they didn't even know they were having contractions...YOU ARE CRAZY!!!! I felt them and they are not pleasant.
The OB doctor on call, who was wonderful, said the only way she could tell if I was, in fact, in labor, or just contracting, was to check my cervix. It was still at one, so she sent me home with pain medication. And for the first time in months, I actually slept! It was wonderful! The contractions stayed constant until Saturday morning and I've been having them intermittently since then.
And I was literally in bed until yesterday afternoon, when we were supposed to have the amnio done.
Well, long, complicated story short, we did NOT have the amnio yesterday. We decided to move the C-section date to April 4. But if God wants me to have them sooner, then I will...just not with Dr. Kamsheh.
We did have an ultrasound yesterday though, and the babies are HUGE! Almost 7 pounds each! No wonder if hurts to even move! One is 6 pounds, 12 ounces, the other is 6 pounds, 15 ounces!!! So, I have about 14 pounds of baby in my belly. And I've gained 82 pounds now.
Needless to say, I'm not a happy camper and I had a complete and utter breakdown yesterday, after all the madness. Eric is great, and we worked through all of the scariness we are both feeling. It's just so hard to be in this "not know" stage.
I know most mothers-to-be are very confident and happy and stress free, but this is the most frightening time in my life. I just want these babies to be healthy and I want them to stay in until their lungs are developed and I want everything with the C-section to go well, and I want to be able to see my belly button when I look down.
So, as of today, I have a week and day before their birthday. I'll keep praying.
Tuesday, March 27, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Nicole,
Hang in there, my friend. Sounds like you've been doing great, amid circumstances that would make lesser women crumble. A true testament to you, Eric and God. You're a true example of God not putting more on us than we can bear...He clearly knows YOU, and knew you could handle it (even though I'm sure you have doubted that many times :) )
Thanks so much for the link to the blog. I'm happy to have been able to get all caught up. Know that I've been thinking of you, and praying for you all. And I'll check back next week, to hopefully see the first pictures of Jackson and Addison. (great names, by the way).
Love,
Robin in Atlanta
You go Mama!!! You are going at this with the same tenacity I’ve witnessed you display in your other endeavors, so we know you got this (you too Eric). I’m glad to have not been the one to tell you contractions don’t hurt. I am the one that told you delivery doesn’t hurt, but your having a C-section so you probably know it. Thanks for the update-Love ya-Kitt
Nicole I am so excited for you. Best of luck during the delivery and I am thinking of you!
Post a Comment