Monday, July 16, 2007

Twins' Baptism





The baptism was pretty awesome (As you can see in the photos, it took a lot out of the twins). Jackson and Addison are very blessed with a loving church family and a very supportive biological family. The twins had lots of people come to celebrate with them at church yesterday, including Uncle Marcus and Auntie Shelly who are their Godparents. Jackson wore Eric's baptismal gown and Addison wore Selena's, so that was really special too. They were so good during the ceremony. When Pastor Luke presented them to the congregation, Addison just grinned and in true Jackson form, he urped! It's all caught on tape, thank to Sashi (who Eric and I have dubbed Super Nanny)!
The one funny thing is that, for some reason, Pastor Luke kept saying Jakowski instead of Zajkowsi....Eric joked that when Addison and Jackson get to Heaven, God will say, "Nope. I'm not seeing a Zajkowski, but I do have an Addison and Jackson Jakowski." It was funny.

The men of the church presented Jackson and Addison with faith chests. Each chest, hand made by Rudy Ross, has a plaque on the top with their names, then, "Dedicated to God on July 15, 2007. I added the shoes that Grandma Lois gave them with their name and birthdate, and I added Selena's baptismal gown to Addison's box (Lena has the one Jackson wore). Wilma said a special prayer for them.
They ceremony was more overwhelming than I thought it would be, but in a strange way, it was such a blessing because I realized that the pressure is off Eric and me a little bit because Addison and Jackson truly belong to God, and we are just helping Him out.

No comments: