It's truly amazing to me how much the twins have changed since they were born three months ago. It seems they change so fast now. Each day, there is something new and fun!
Addison, who spent the first 11 weeks of her life in hysterics, has finally settled in! She is so pleasant and very smiley!!!!! I still find myself waiting for the screams, but they are fewer and farther between these days. She even lays on her back now! It's such a difference. She was passed around at Grandma Lois's 4th of July brunch and she was so content and bright eyed with everyone who held her...until she had had enough and fell asleep. She only screams now when she needs something. It's so neat to see her progressing! She studies objects and people with her big brown eyes and she goes to sleep so well at night now too....I find myself asking, "Who is this precious girl?!?!" When I put her in the crib, I just turn on the turle, and one spin of the mobile, and she's out! She still absolutely hates having her clothes changed though!! She screams at the top of her lungs when any article of clothing touches her head, which TOTALLY freaks me out!!!!
They both LOVE bath time with daddy (mommy thinks they are still too slippery to enjoy it) and they love having their diapers changed! They just smile and smile and smile. Jackson loves to pee on himself right when mommy or daddy take his diaper off....will we ever learn??? They also love riding in the car and in the stroller.
Jackson has turned into Mr. Fussy, and Mr. Wiggles. He seems to be crying a LOT more these days. He's having a lot of trouble pooping, which makes him quite unhappy. We have done the pear juice thing, the sorbitol thing and the baby laxative thing....which causes projectile pooping, dry heaves from mommy and laughter from daddy. And, Jackson drools! Good thing I read in a book that drooling was normal, otherwise I would be worried....or should I say more worried than I normally am. The front of his outfits are all very wet by the end of the day, especially when mom forgets to put a bib on him. He flails around a lot too....but he still has a smile that melts my heart. I just wish I saw it more these days. He doesn't go to sleep well anymore either. It takes him a couple hours, yes, hours! to settle in at bedtime. He fights it SO much!!! He'll learn later in life that sleep is a good thing, and there's no point in fighting it. But for now, I just rock him until he falls asleep, and if daddy is at work, he gets to have special cuddle time with mommy in the big bed....SHHH!!!! Don't tell daddy!!!
All, in all, we have hit a stride in week 14. They are on a schedule mostly. They eat at 7 a.m., 11 a.m. 2 p.m. 5 p.m. around 8 p.m. and 2 a.m. They take an official afternoon nap in their cribs and they cat nap throughout the rest of the day. Daddy loves staying home with them still....which is SO fun for me to see.
Mommy and daddy still aren't getting much sleep, but we are still being kind to each other and taking time to say I love You. What more can I ask for.
Thursday, July 05, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment