The twins had their 4-month well baby visits yesterday. Big news (yes the pun was intended). They are both officially chubby! I didn't even know "chubby" was an official classification...I'm learning things everyday with the twins!
Addison weighs 15 pounds, 12 ounces and 24.5 inches long. Sheʼs in the 90th percentile for weight and the 75th percentile for height. Jackson weighs 14 pounds, 12 ounces and 24.25 inches long. He's around the 50th percentile for both weight and height. Surprisingly, their heads are the same size! That means Jacksonʼs head is bigger from front to back and Addison's is bigger from side to side.
Dr. Robinovitch said they have caught up to normal 4 month olds. Eric and I keep forgetting that they are preemies. But they are doing very well.
Jackson's belly button is much better...it no longer sticks out. He still has the stork bite on his forehead, but the doc says, as his skin thickens, it will disappear.
Addison has a pretty large birthmark that stretches from her thigh to her toes on her right leg. Dr. R said it is a vascular something or other....he's hoping it will disappear on it's own, but, after we told him that Greta (Eric's sister's daughter) has a birthmark that required several laser treatments, he was a bit more concerned because these things can be hereditary. So, at our 6-month appt., we are going to see if we need to move forward with a plastic surgeon. We're hopeful that it will take care of itself.
The twins had more immunizations and now, with such big crocodile tears, it was harder for mommy than it was at their two-month appointments. The nurse said it was the first time in 10 years of giving babies shots that she started to get choked up at a baby who was crying...geez, guess Jackson has already learned from his daddy how to turn on the charm with the ladies.
I guess we are feeding them more than we need to be, since they did some major catch-up growing these last two months. Who knew? Eric and I just assumed we were feeding them as best we knew how. No harm done though. We havenʼt ruined our practice kids (Grammonaʼs term for first borns).
Dr. R said we're doing a good job and we look like we are having fun for the most part.
We asked him about rice cereal to help them sleep through the night consistently and he said that was an old wives tale...rice cereal only works in 1 of 100 babies, PLUS, one teaspoon of cereal has more calories than a teaspoon of formula, and our kids don't need more calories...funny!
But, he said, when they wake up during the night, we don't have to feed them....which never occurred to me!!! And he said, since they've demonstrated that they can sleep through the night, it should help me not worry to let them cry and hopefully go back to sleep on their own (yeah right Dr. R....me, not worry!?!?!?)
We took them, and cousin Selena, to the Como Zoo yesterday after their appointments. Jackson was awake the whole time, and Addison was asleep with her little sun hat on. The animals were apparently boring her. It was fun to take them there.
So, last night was my big test. They each woke up once. I went into the nursery and gave them their nuks and they cried for a bit and then went back to sleep....not sure if the baby Tylenol helped mom out or not....but they woke up at 6:30 this morning...as smiley as ever.
I must say that they are getting more fun by the day!!! It's getting harder for me to leave for work in the morning...I cried this morning when I left them. They are truly little miracles and I can't imagine our lives without them. They bring us so many things.....joy, frustration, challenges, fun, happiness, sadness, and more love. It's pretty indescribable, so I don't know why I keep trying to find the words.
Tuesday, July 31, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment