Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Two days and counting

So, Eric and I were wondering if the whole sleeping-through-the-night thing was a fluke....well, it wasn't! Night #2, they slept from around 9 p.m. to 5:30 this morning. We fed them when I got up for work and then they went right back to sleep. And Addison is definitely a thumb-sucker!!! It's SO cute....but I wonder how cute it will be if she's still doing it in 10 years.....one day at a time.
Jackson LOVES the turtle that's attached to his crib. It plays music and lights up. When I was in the nursery this morning, he was grabbing it. It's fun to watch them be so engaging.
BUT last night, Addison was miserable! She had a screaming fit for an entire hour!!!!!! I didn't know what to do. All I kept thinking was what our doctor told us. "Crying will only become an issue if they do it for 3 hours without being able to be soothed." Nothing I did soothed her. She has a yeast infection, which didn't help. But she would NOT eat her bottle either. I just didn't know what to do! Finally, she just cried herself silly and she was so tired, she just fell asleep. I was afraid to go into the nursery this morning, for fear that she'd start waling....but, she smiled at me. And in the one smile, the memory of the whole screaming hour from last night just faded away.

No comments: