Wednesday, February 14, 2007

3D Ultrasound




Today is Valentine's Day and Eric and I got the best gift ever. We got to see Jackson and Addison in 3D! We had an ultrasound this morning and it was the neatest thing ever!

It's hard to see in the photos, but on the screen it was very cool!!! The top picture is Jackson. The second and third are both Addison.

The last photo, just in 2D, is of Addison yawning. She was such a lively little thing this morning. She also stuck her tongue out, but the technician wasn't quick enough to capture that. It was just so heart warming to see our BABIES!!!! I'm still smiling from ear to ear!!!

Jackson weighs 3 pounds, 13 ounces. Addison weighs 3 pounds, 8 ounces. She is still breach and Jackson is still laid out across my uterus, which is measuring 41 weeks big by the way. So, in all likelihood, they probably won't move much, so I am probably looking at a C-section. But Dr. Kamsheh said there is a possibility that they could still move. He wants me to have another ultrasound at 33-34 weeks. He wants me to keep them "in there" until 36 or 37 weeks so they can come home with us. That seems far away, yet SO CLOSE!

He did not put me on bed rest yet. The adema (swelling) in my feet has gone down. My cervix is still 3.5 centimeters thick. I am going to start working from home two days a week instead of one...if my boss allows it.

The pain I am feeling way up on the right side of my rib cage is the cartilege being pulled from my ribs because of my uterus being so big. Dr. Kamsheh said "it might be a little uncomfortable." Um, understatement of the week!

No comments: