Monday, February 05, 2007

Kicking Grammona

Yesterday, the Harris family, my parents and Shane came over for a Super Bowl / Birthday party for me. Eric planned the whole thing, made dinner and we even had a drawing at the end of each quarter...whoever had the closest number to the score got money...it was fun. And I won the end-of-the-game pool!
Even though it was great, I was NOT feeling that great, so I retired to the bedroom, where Grammona and Shelly and some of the nieces kept me company.
Grammona wanted to see or feel the babies kicking. Of course, when someone is there, waiting for them to do it, they starting acting up and are perfectly still. So I resorted to a little trick. Grammona put her hand on my "ever-expanding" belly and I took a flashlight and shined it right on my belly. The twins definitely responded to that...and one of them doesn't seem to like it, because all of a sudden, Grammona jumped when Jackson or Addison kicked her...her hand flew off my belly and she let out a little yelp. It was pretty funny!
But it didn't feel all that great to me, so next time, we'll just wait for some spontaneous kicking!

No comments: