Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Baby Shower


On Sunday, my family threw me a baby shower and it was so wonderful! I walked in and was given a corsage with pink and blue ribbon. I looked over to the table and saw pink and blue candles, pink and blue candy, pink and blue pretzels... and two kinds of punch: one pink, one blue of course!
There were candles that spelled out Jackson and Addison and we all stood in a circle and lit them and then said a little prayer for the twins and then blew them out. It was very sweet and overwhelming.
Selena wrote a letter to her cousins that made me cry, and that set the tone for the whole thing.
For the first time, I think I felt a small glimmer of what it's going to be like to be a mom. Most of the women at the shower were mothers and grandmothers and they all had looks on their faces that conveyed to me that I'm on such an amazing journey; like I'm going to become part of this amazing club called motherhood.
Jackson and Addison are so lucky and blessed to have so family members so close to them.

No comments: