Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Two Angels


This weekend, I was blessed with the arrival of two angels, in the form of Annemarie and Megs. They came in on Friday night...well, Megs did. Annemarie came early Saturday morning at 12:45 a.m. because of delayed and canceled flights. I didn't konw how I was going to stay up that late, but as soon as Megs got to our house, we started talking and before we knew it, it was time to head to the airport. We stayed up until 3 a.m. just chatting and it felt like we'd only been talking for a couple minutes.

It was so funny because most of our conversations were about our husbands, marriage and babies, and few short years ago, it seems, were were in college, talking about much different things.
On Saturday, they transformed the room Eric and I had reserved for the babies into a full-fledged nursery. I don't even know how they did it, but once it was done, it was a room filled with warmth and love and ready to welcome the Zajkowsi twins.

I learned so many things about babies from Megs because she has a 1 1/2 year old, that I didn't even know I didn't know and the time seemed to just move at the speed of light! Before I knew it, they were gone, and I was so sad. It seemed like we'd been anticipating the weekend forever and it was over before we knew it.
But last night, I took a bath and then sat in the glider rocker in the nursery and thought about my little angels that were here for the weekend and my little angels that are going to arrive in a matter of weeks and I just smiled.

Eric said, "You have amazing friends." Amen to that!

1 comment:

Shruti on the Shore said...

I think its so exciting to see how friendships and relationships change and grow through the different stages of our lives...