So, the twins got an old-school jumper from Eric's friends last week. You know, the kind that you attach to the molding above a door and they can go nuts! Well, of course Jackson took to it right away! He was doing 360s and then urping, and then doing more 360s, and more urping....he was just smiling! We decided we needed more room for them to jump around, so Eric rigged some "molding" about the archway-type place between the kitchen and livingroom...but instead of removing Addison from the swing he just left her in it and unhooked it to move it. While doing so, he smacked her face into the wall! She, of course, started to scream and daddy felt bad! But she quickly seemed to forget about it when it was time to eat.
Well, this morning, Eric called me and said, "You know how when you clip their nails, you hear a click when you get the nail. Well, this morning, I was clipping Addison's nails and I heard a squish." He clipped the top of her finger off....bled all over her dress and Jackson.....fun stuff!
I guess we're even, because this weekend, I was changing Jackson on the changing table, and he moves so much! He wacked his head on the edge of the wood and then, as I was trying to console him, I accidentally poked him in the eye....I don't think Eric and I will get gold stars for parenting this week.
**************
I read that, when you are feeding babies, to make sure they keep their hands out of their mouths, give them an extra spoon to keep their hands occupied. Well, I tried that with Addison last night and she just kept putting the spoon in her mouth and looking at me like, "Look lady. Is this a mean trick or something? Where's the food!?!?"
So, I guess you can't try everything you read.
**************
Grammona and I took them for a walk last night and they sat face forward in the stroller! They looked like such big kids!!!! They were both looking around at everything, just trying to take it all in. It was a new view for them. And a new view for mommy. I was so used to staring at them as we walked. Now, they face the world and not mommy.....I guess they just keep growing up!
Tuesday, August 28, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment