Monday, January 29, 2007

Couples' Shower

Stacy and Jon threw us a couples' shower on Saturday night. They drove in from Moorhead on Saturday and set everything up. It was so generous of them. Eric and I feel truly blessed.
I've never been to a couples' shower and it was really fun. There was a game where all the guys had to drink beer out of baby bottles and whoever finished first got a prize...a jar of baby dills. Thankfully, Eric won and I think I finished the jar before the shower was over and I wasn't even embarassed!
It was so strange to see all of these guys, including my dad, drinking out of baby bottles.
And then everyone wrote a note to us or to the twins on a diaper and that was really fun. One of them said, "I know I stink, but look how cute I am!"
It was just really overwhelming.
And Jackson and Addison were blessed with really neat stuff. Jackson got a one-z that says, "Don't wake me, I'll wake you." And Addison got one that says, "Daddy does my hair."
They both got Winnie-the-Pooh bears that were made by Sydney and Brady...and Steve told me that each of the kids kissed a heart and put it in the bear before they were sewn shut. It was so cute!
I stayed up until midnight....which I haven't done since before I was pregnant for sure. I paid for it on Sunday, but it was worth it.

No comments: