Friday, January 05, 2007

Unisom

I am so desperate for sleep. Historically, I've not been a a good sleeper, but the past few weeks have been tougher than usual. I guess I just have a lot on my mind.
Last night, I decided to take my doctor's advice and try taking Unisom. But I wanted to make sure I gave myself at least 10 hours, in case the pill worked really well, so I wanted to take it and be in bed by 8 p.m....which, normally would not have been a problem.
But, Lyndsey, who was leaving back to shool today, called and asked if she could stop by to see us. Eric was already on his way to work, but Guinness and I were home and I know he'd love to see her too. So, she came by and the first thing she said was, "DANG!! You're SO pregnant."
Geez, college seniors are so intelligent.
Lots of things around the house have changed since she lived with us last summer. And I couldn't help but think back to the day in August when I found out I was pregnant. She was the first one to know. It's wild to think about how much has changed since that day.
Guinness was so excited he didn't know what to do with himself. He would sniff her and then run up and down the steps...he did that routine at least 100 times.
I was really enjoying catching up with Lyndsey, but I also really wanted to finally get some sleep. She left around 9:30 and I decided to take the magic pill.
It was weird.
I've been having crazy dreams with the pregnancy, but the dreams I had last night were out there. I dreamt about one of Eric's friends that I've only met once, my landlord from Syracuse and a character in the book I'm reading. They were all living with me and showing me pictures from all different parts of my life...and they were claiming to have been with me. it was kind of a "this is your life" thing.
I got up about 5 times during the night, less than normal. But I don't think I'll take the Unisom again because the dreams were just too strange.

No comments: