Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Letter to my babies

Dear Jackson and Addison,

I'm not that great at just letting things happen. I'm the kind of person that likes to be in control of everything, which, I'm sure you'll find out as time passes. But, as I think of things that I want you to know, I'm going to write them down. One thing I've relied on since I found out that the TWO of you will bless our lives is that God doesn't give you more than you can handle. But I also want you to remember that God gives you...

Enough Happiness to keep you Sweet
Enough Trials to keep you Strong
Enough Sorrows to keep you Human
Enough Hope to keep you Happy
Enough Failure to keep you Humble
Enough Success to keep you Eager
Enough Friends to give you Comfort
Enough Wealth to meet your Needs
Enough Enthusiasm to make you look forward
Enough Faith to banish depression,
and Enough Determination to make each day a better day than the last.

You probably won't even understand what many of these lines mean for 20 or 30 years, but they are true. Life goes by so fast, which you'll probably also hear a million times, and the older you get, the more you'll realize that it's true.

So, I love you to pieces and all toghether!!! I better explain that phrase.
A long time ago, Grammona drove up the her house with 2-year-old cousin Selena in the car, and she said. "There's Shane. I just love him to pieces," to which a horrified Selena replied, "Grammona! Don't you love him all together?"
Grammona just answered, "I love him to pieces and all together."

Your mom

No comments: