Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Foiled Again.....

A few weeks ago, Eric and I found out that we could spend New Year's Eve together his year. We were so excited because it would be the first time EVER that we could spend the holdiay with each other.
So we made plans.
What's the saying....the best laid plans.....
We were supposed to meet a few couples at Babulu at 9:30 p.m. for dinner and salsa dancing. I searched and searched to find a cute maternity dress and finally found one. I got new shoes. Jen came over and did my hair. I did my nails...I was SO excited.
But around 7 p.m. the twins decided that they didn't want their mommy to be out and about late into the night.
I started having more contraction-type feelings and we decided that it was best if I stayed in bed for the evening.
Talk about being bummed!!!
But I didn't want it to be totally ruined evening, so I told Eric that he should atleast go out with his friends who were in town. No use staying home with me, sitting in bed reading. He was SO torn...but I eventually persuaded him to go. He had fun...so I guess it was worth it.
For 2007, I'm going to have to work harder on just going with the flow....not my forte at all, but...baby steps.

No comments: