Thursday, January 11, 2007

I guess they are kicking

Last night I got an hour, at least, of great sleep. It just happened to be during the time Eric was drilling holes into the floors for the new railings. The loud noise just lulled me to sleep. I didn't hear a thing!! But, when he opened the bedroom door ever so slowly to come to bed, I jumped up.
It doesn't make ANY sense at all. The drilling put me to sleep, but the quiet creak of the door startled me....go figure.
So, when Eric finally came to bed...after working ALL day on the new floors, he said, "When do I get to feel them kick?"
I told him that I don't really feel them kick yet, but I do feel a little thumping thing that's kind of like a heartbeat. He seemed disappointed, so I took his hand and put on the place on my belly where I usually feel them "kick."
And, not 10 seconds later, BAM, I felt the heartbeat-type feeling and Eric yelped, "WHAT WAS THAT?!" I said that's the babies moving. He thought it was really cool and he wanted to feel it again. But, of course, they wouldn't do it when daddy was watching.
But it was cool to see his reaction. I guess I'm just so used to the feeling, which I didn't think was really movement, that I'm immune to it.

2 comments:

Shruti on the Shore said...

FYI Cribsheet, a Star Tribune blog, has something about twins today. You should read it just in general, its a good blog.

http://www.startribune.com/blogs/cribsheet/?p=168

MomNoodleZ said...

Shruti....Renee also sent me the link...I did read it....and I could totally sympathize with the woman who posted it.